Wednesday, March 29, 2006

In the green

On Monday I got a phone call at the girl's school.
It was Mrs Lee, at the county office, offering me a job in the next county. It is a one week camp during the six week summer holiday. Now, even though I am on holidays, I am getting payed as though I am working. On top of that, I will be payed 5-600000 won for the week.
That's pretty sweet.
Apparently they planned this camp and then wound up one foreigner short. Maybe Mrs Lee forgot that my last camp ended with four students actually dying from a combination of boredom and slaps upside the head.
At any rate, they asked me to be lucky foreigner number three.

She called again to ask for my passport number. Maybe I should know that by heart, but I sure don't. After a few minutes struggling to explain this to her, it turned out that she needed my alien residence number. I had that.

No comments: