Thursday, March 02, 2006

Does anyone know what is happening?

So, the rest of the day just got stranger and stranger.
After the ceremony, I went to the office, and sat around for a while. I was then informed about fifteen minutes before class that I would be teaching.
I had been planning on teaching some classroom commands, like "repeat" and "come to the front", but having been reminded in the opening ceremonies just what I was dealing with, I decided on charades and a game called "bananas", where students asked questions of a volunteer who could only respond "bananas". It couldhave been better, if my students could think of questions other than "How old are you?" and "What is your name?". Seriously, that ruined the game.
In the office, it was pandemonium. There are more teachers now than there were last year. So, there are not enough desks in the staff room. Also, rather than just giving the desks that belonged to the old teachers to the new ones, they rearranged everything so that all the teachers had to move. Now, clearly the easiest way to do this is to have the students lift the removable shelves off the desks and move them accross the room, spilling books, pencils cases and trinkets all behind them.
When I got back from class, my desk was gone, and my computer was on a coffee table being held up by three legs and piles of dust bunnies. My things had been scattered around the room, I was annoyed.
But luckily, I got to go home early after lunch.
And then I took a super-sweet nap.
Life is good.

Tomorrow, another adventure. I'm at the elementary school, and I don't even know if my coteacher still works there. I don't know if they are expecting me. I guess I'll find out tomorrow, when I show up.

That's all for now.

No comments: