Thursday, March 23, 2006

Easy Street

I have a great story of greatness to tell.

When Jessie and I got back from Thailand, we had our bills waiting for us. Big bills, because January had been cold, so our utuilies were very expensive. Anyways, within a day or two of our return, I went out to pay the bills which were long overdue by that point.

A couple of weeks later, we received our February bills, which showed us still owing the January amounts. Clearly the bills had been printed before our payment had been received. No biggie. I mean, that is a very understandable thing, and I assumed very easy to communicate, even with a language barrier.
I set out to present this very clearly. I brought the old pay stubs, with a date stamp on it showing that the bills had been payed. I wrote out the name of the bill, the amount claimed owed, and showing the amount already payed being subtracted to show the amount owed for February. It was quite a presentation, I was very proud of it.
Well, the teller was having none of it. She waved it all aside, and just circled and recircled the amount being showed as owing.
I will admit, I was feeling the temper rising. But then I figured, what the hey, I am probably wrong anyways. I mean, the bill is in Korean, and I am no Korean expert.
So I payed the full amount owing.

Our bills for this month are arriving now.

We owe NOTHING. Not only do we owe nothing, but we have credit being carried over to next month because we double payed the most expensive month.
So, we had a month that really was not even tight. It was just normal, and now we have a month where the only reason we owe money is because I have been calling Athabasca University to try to enroll in some correspondence courses. Other than that, we are on Easy Street.

Booyeah.

No comments: